APCO Worldwide is an independent communications consultancy with more than 500 employees in 29 worldwide locations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., APCO was founded in 1984 by Margery Kraus, who is now the firm’s global CEO.
Campaign Finance$61,750 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by APCO Worldwide
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Dow Corning $1,380,000 Huawei Technologies $650,000 Project Management Institute $370,000 Depository Trust & Clearing Corp $370,000 Group MENATEP $340,000 Steris Corp $320,000 Coalition for SDO Awareness $290,000 Society/Worldwide Interbank Fin Telcom $180,000 National Fire Protection Assn $130,000 XRS Corp $100,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Foreign Relations,
- Health Issues,
- Homeland Security,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4179 Iran Financial Sanctions Improvement Act of 2012 S.2101 Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Human Rights Act of 2012 H.R.1424 Federal Acquisition Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.1905 Syria Human Rights Accountability Act of 2012 S.801 Information Technology Investment Management Act of 2011 S.1546 Department of Homeland Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.3116 Department of Homeland Security Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.2146 DATA Act H.R.4235 SWAP DATA REPOSITORY AND CLEARINGHOUSE INDEMNIFICATION CORRECTION ACT OF 2012 S.1222 DATA Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Sept. 18, 2013 Nilit America Corporation Market access relating to apparel imports View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "APCO Worldwide" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for APCO Worldwide
- Toggle 1 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Identifying CDER’s Science and Research Needs Report; Draft Report; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Evaluation of Sex Differences in Medical Device Clinical Studies; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; 510(k) Device Modifications: Deciding When to Submit a 510(k) for a Change to an Existing Device 2011