Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: APC) is one of the world’s largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with approximately 2.3 billion barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) of proved reserves and production of 206 million BOE as of December 31, 2008. Anadarko employs a worldwide workforce of about 4,000. The company is headquartered in The Woodlands, SPD Montgomery County, Texas.
Campaign Finance$7,006,798 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Anadarko Petroleum
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Anadarko Petroleum $22,268,370 Union Pacific Resources Group $580,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Natural Resources,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.56 Gulf Coast Restoration Act H.R.601 End Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act of 2011 S.258 Close Big Oil Tax Loopholes Act S.953 Offshore Production and Safety Act of 2011 S.940 Close Big Oil Tax Loopholes Act S.1400 Resources and Ecosystems Sustainability, Tourist Opportunities, and Revived Economies of the Gulf Coast States Act of 2011 H.R.501 Implementing the Recommendations of the BP Oil Spill Commission Act of 2011 H.R.1229 Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act H.R.1231 Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act
RegulationsMentioned in 300 dockets; Submitted to 38 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Anadarko Petroleum" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Anadarko Petroleum
- Toggle 3 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Wyoming Pocket Gopher 2008
- Toggle 2 COE USACE's Plan for Retrospective Review under E.O. 13563 2011
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Security Holder Director Nominations 2003
- Toggle 2 FWS Dunes Sagebrush Lizard 2010
- Toggle 2 SEC Comments on Proposed Rule: Prohibitions and Restrictions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Interests in, and Relationships With, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM AD68 - Oil and Gas and Sulphur Operations in the Outer Continental Shelf–Increased Safety Measures for Energy Development on the Outer Continental Shelf 2010
- Toggle 1 BOEM Review of Categorical Exclusions for Outer Continental Shelf Decisions 2010
- Toggle 1 BOEM Deepwater Drilling Safety, Containment and Spill Response Meeting 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Greater Sage-Grouse 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Anadarko Petroleum
- Toggle 66 EPA Anadarko Petroleum Corporation - BlackHawk (OCS-EPA-R4019) and BlackHornet (OCS-EPA-R4020) 2014
- Toggle 30 EPA Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program: Federal Requirements for Class VI Injection Wells for the Geologic Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide - Proposed Rule 2008
- Toggle 27 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 27 EPA Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (OCS-EPA-R4015) 2014
- Toggle 21 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 15 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 14 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 12 BOEM Recently Posted BOEM Rules and Notices. 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase III Facilities 2004
- Toggle 8 EPA Notice of Final 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program and 2011 Annual Review 2010
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Anadarko Petroleum Corporation||2009||Federal Aviation Administration||THIS PR PROVIDES FUNDING FOR I-HUB INSTALLATION MOA FOR ANADARDKO. CONTRACT # DTFAWA-09-A-80017.||$1,863,431|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Anadarko Petroleum Corporation||Anadarko Petroleum Corporation||2009||Rock Springs, Wy||$12,867,500|
Advisory Committees5 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Anadarko Petroleum" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 4 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee