The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, doing business as Amtrak (reporting mark AMTK), is a government-owned corporation that was organized on May 1, 1971, to provide intercity passenger train service in the United States. "Amtrak" is a portmanteau of the words "America" and "track". It is headquartered at Union Station in Washington, D.C.
Campaign Finance$26,400 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 263 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Amtrak" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Amtrak
- Toggle 30 FRA Amtrak - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 3 FRA Samuel Cox - Request for Administrative Hearing - EQUAL-2008-40 2010
- Toggle 3 FRA Capital Assistance for High Speed Rail Corridors and Intercity Passengers Rail Service 2009
- Toggle 1 FRA Vehicle/Track Interaction Safety Standards; High-Speed and High Cant Deficiency Operations 2009
- Toggle 1 FRA High-Speed Intercity Passenger Rail (HSIPR) Program; Buy America Program Requirements 2010
- Toggle 1 FRA Risk Reduction Program 2009
- Toggle 1 FRA Locomotive Safety Standards 2009
- Toggle 1 USCG Safety Zone; Niantic Bay, Niantic Railroad Bridge, Niantic, CT 2010
- Toggle 1 FRA Grade Crossing - Telephone Services 2009
- Toggle 1 FRA Tracking Safety Standards; Concrete Crossties 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Amtrak
- Toggle 49 FRA Amtrak - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
- Toggle 31 FRA Federal Railroad Administration - Notifications 2009
- Toggle 29 FRA FRA National Rail Plan 2010
- Toggle 25 FRA Capital Assistance for High Speed Rail Corridors and Intercity Passengers Rail Service 2009
- Toggle 22 FRA Samuel Cox - Request for Administrative Hearing - EQUAL-2008-40 2010
- Toggle 16 FRA Amtrak (National Railroad Passenger Corporation) - Waiver Petition 2010
- Toggle 14 FRA Conductor Certification 2009
- Toggle 12 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 12 FRA U.S. DOT/FRA - Metrics and Standards for Intercity Passenger Rail Service under Section 207 of Public Law 110-432 2009
- Toggle 11 FRA Southern California Regional Rail Authority - Positive Train Control Plans 2010
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.