Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN, SEHK: 4332) is an international biotechnology company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. Located in the Conejo Valley, Amgen is the world's largest independent biotech firm. The company employs approximately 17,000 staff members. Its products include Epogen, Aranesp, Enbrel, Kineret, Neulasta, Neupogen, Sensipar / Mimpara, Nplate, and Prolia. Epogen and Neupogen (the company's first products on the market) were the two most successful biopharmaceutical products at the time of their respective releases.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Amgen Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Amgen Inc $19,310,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Foreign Relations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.3187 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.1096 Preservation of Access to Osteoporosis Testing for Medicare Beneficiaries Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.2020 Preservation of Access to Osteoporosis Testing for Medicare Beneficiaries Act of 2011 H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 H.R.5651 Food and Drug Administration Reform Act of 2012 H.R.3765 Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary Oct. 15, 2013 Lugar Group LLC Various issues related to ongoing tax reform discussions and budget matters. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 87 dockets; Submitted to 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Amgen Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Amgen Inc
- Toggle 4 FDA Draft Guidances Relating to the Development of Biosimilar Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy Assessments: Social Science Methodologies to Assess Goals Related to Knowledge; Public Workshop; Issue Paper 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Notification to FDA of Issues that May Result in a Prescription Drug or Biological Product Shortage 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Investigational New Drug Applications for Positron Emission Tomography Drugs; Draft Guidance 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Postmarketing Adverse Drug Experience Reporting 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Biosimilars: Questions and Answers Regarding Implementation of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2009; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance on Q11 Development and Manufacture of Drug Substances; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Standards for Clinical Trial Imaging Endpoints; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for PROLIA® (denosumab), U.S. Patent No. 7,411,050 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Use of Histology in Biomarker Qualification Studies; Availability 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Amgen Inc
- Toggle 14 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Healthcare Professional Survey of Prescription Drug Promotion 2012
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System for CY 2012, End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program for PY 2013 and PY 2014; Ambulance Fee Schedule; and Durable Medical Equipment 2011
- Toggle 7 FDA Draft Guidances Relating to the Development of Biosimilar Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 5 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Quality Considerations in Demonstrating Biosimilarity to a Reference Protein Product 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Quality Considerations in Demonstrating Biosimilarity to a Reference Protein Product; Availability 2011
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Biosimilars: Questions and Answers Regarding Implementation of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2009; Availability 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for PROLIA® (denosumab), U.S. Patent No. 7,411,050 2011
- Toggle 4 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
Advisory Committees5 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Amgen Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee