Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN, SEHK: 4332) is an international biotechnology company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. Located in the Conejo Valley, Amgen is the world's largest independent biotech firm. The company employs approximately 17,000 staff members. Its products include Epogen, Aranesp, Enbrel, Kineret, Neulasta, Neupogen, Sensipar / Mimpara, Nplate, and Prolia. Epogen and Neupogen (the company's first products on the market) were the two most successful biopharmaceutical products at the time of their respective releases.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Amgen Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Amgen Inc $22,700,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Science & Technology,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1427 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.726 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act S.610 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary Oct. 15, 2013 Lugar Group LLC Various issues related to ongoing tax reform discussions and budget matters. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 78 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Amgen Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Amgen Inc
- Toggle 2 FDA To Make Specific Recommendations Regarding FDA's Efforts to Increase its Transparency and Accountability 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Residual Drug in Transdermal and Related Drug Delivery Systems; Availability 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Adaptive Design Clinical Trials for Drugs and Biologics 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on the Clinical Pharmacology Section of Labeling for Human Prescription Drug and Biological Products—Content and Format; Availability 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Developing a Consolidated Pediatric Rheumatology Observational Registry; Public Workshop 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for PROLIA™ (denosumab), U.S. Patent No. 6,740,522 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Indexing Structured Product Labeling for Human Prescription Drug and Biological Products; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Considerations Regarding FDA Review and Regulation of Articles for the Treatment of Rare Diseases; Public Hearing 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Investigators on Safety Reporting Requirements for INDs and BA/BE Studies; Availability 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Amgen Inc
- Toggle 20 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 8 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 8 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 6 FDA Require Changes in the Professional Labeling for EPOGEN® in Order to Specify the More Favorable Benefit/Risk Profile for Chronic Renal Failure Adult Patients Requiring and not Requiring Dialysis-CLOSED 2009
- Toggle 6 CMS Quality Incentives in the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Program 2010
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicare End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System 2009
- Toggle 6 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Nplate™ (romiplostim), U.S. Patent No. 6,835,809 2009
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
Advisory Committees6 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Amgen Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee