Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN, SEHK: 4332) is an international biotechnology company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. Located in the Conejo Valley, Amgen is the world's largest independent biotech firm. The company employs approximately 17,000 staff members. Its products include Epogen, Aranesp, Enbrel, Kineret, Neulasta, Neupogen, Sensipar / Mimpara, Nplate, and Prolia. Epogen and Neupogen (the company's first products on the market) were the two most successful biopharmaceutical products at the time of their respective releases.
Campaign Finance$17,735,742 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Amgen Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Amgen Inc $106,530,000 Immunex Corp $480,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1548 Pathway for Biosimilars Act H.R.1427 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.1038 H.R.1956 Patient Protection and Innovative Biologic Medicines Act of 2007 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.726 Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act
RegulationsMentioned in 309 dockets; Submitted to 56 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Amgen Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Amgen Inc
- Toggle 4 FDA Draft Guidances Relating to the Development of Biosimilar Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy Assessments: Social Science Methodologies to Assess Goals Related to Knowledge; Public Workshop; Issue Paper 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA To Make Specific Recommendations Regarding FDA's Efforts to Increase its Transparency and Accountability 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Notification to FDA of Issues that May Result in a Prescription Drug or Biological Product Shortage 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Diabetes Mellitus: Developing Drugs and Therapeutic Biologics for Treatment and Prevention; Availability 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Investigational New Drug Applications for Positron Emission Tomography Drugs; Draft Guidance 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Genotoxic and Carcinogenic Impurities in Drug Substances and Products 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Postmarketing Adverse Drug Experience Reporting 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Adaptive Design Clinical Trials for Drugs and Biologics 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) IV Information Technology Plan 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Amgen Inc
- Toggle 20 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 13 FDA Patent Extension Application for Vectibix (panitumumab), U.S. Patent No. 6,235,883 2007
- Toggle 11 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Healthcare Professional Survey of Prescription Drug Promotion 2012
- Toggle 10 FDA Scientific Considerations Related to Developing Follow-on Protein Products 2004
- Toggle 9 FDA Electronic Submission of Regulatory Information, and Creating an Electronic Platform for Enhanced Information Management; Public Hearing 2006
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System for CY 2012, End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program for PY 2013 and PY 2014; Ambulance Fee Schedule; and Durable Medical Equipment 2011
- Toggle 8 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 8 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 7 FDA Draft Guidances Relating to the Development of Biosimilar Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2011
Advisory Committees18 people on 13 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Amgen Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 13 people on 8 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee