Amerigroup (NYSE: AGP) is a health insurance company headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It is the largest publicly-traded company focused exclusively on meeting the needs of those enrolled in publicly-funded healthcare programs such as Medicaid and Medicare. In 1994, Amerigroup was founded to respond to the growing need for private-sector partners in states managing healthcare programs for lower-income families and people with disabilities.
Campaign Finance$2,824,803 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of AMERIGROUP Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Amerigroup Corp $2,360,000 Witt Group Holdings $10,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.904 Medicaid Prescription Drug Rebate Equalization Act of 2009 S.547 Drug Rebate Equalization Act of 2009 H.R.2758 Medicare Specialty Care Improvement and Protection Act of 2009 S.1307 Medicare Specialty Care Improvement and Protection Act of 2009 H.R.1370 To repeal the annual fee on health insurance providers enacted by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.976 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AMERIGROUP Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for AMERIGROUP Corp
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2008-BT-STD-0006 & EERE-2009-BT-STD-0022) 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Certain Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Commercial Heating, Air Conditioning, and Water-Heating Equipment 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Emergency Order Pursuant to Section 12(k)(2) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Taking Temporary Action to Respond to Market Developments 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Notice of Debarment/Opportunity for Hearing for Ehigiator O. Akhigbe 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Application for Food and Drug Administration Approval to Market a New Drug 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Lamps 2010