America's Promise — The Alliance for Youth is a foundation founded by Colin Powell in 1997 to help children and youth from all socioeconomic sectors in the United States.
Campaign Finance$54,195 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of America's Promise
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount America's Promise $620,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Government Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2147 Healthy Kids Act of 2007 S.1214 Invest in Small Business Act of 2007 S.1669 Healthy Schools Act of 2007 H.R.1535 Children's Health First Act S.895 Children's Health First Act H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.2272 PACE-Energy Act H.CON.RES.85 S.1364 Healthy Kids Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "America's Promise" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for America's Promise
- Toggle 1 ED Race to the Top Fund -- Notice of Proposed Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria 2009
- Toggle 1 ED School Improvement Grants -- Notice of Proposed Requirements 2009
- Toggle 1 OSM Excess Spoil, Coal Mine Waste, and Buffers for Waters of the United States 2007
- Toggle 1 Request for Information on Strategies to Accelerate the Testing and Adoption of Pay for Success (PFS) Financing Models 2013
- Toggle 1 ED Proposed Priorities for Department of Education Discretionary Grant Programs 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 1 ED Investing in Innovation--Notice of Proposed Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 1 FMCSA SSC - In the Matter of Nelson Markesbery Moving - Field Administrator's Notice of Objection to Respondent's Request for Formal Hearing 2010