American Wind Energy Assn
Formed in 1974, the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) is a Washington, D.C.-based national trade association representing wind power project developers, equipment suppliers, service providers, parts manufacturers, utilities, researchers, and others involved in the wind industry.
Campaign Finance$2,545,606 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Wind Energy Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Wind Energy Assn $15,568,312
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Natural Resources,
- Science & Technology,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.2998 American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 S.3813 Renewable Electricity Promotion Act of 2010 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.3307 American Renewable Energy Production Tax Credit Extension Act of 2011 H.R.6049 Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008 H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 199 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Wind Energy Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Wind Energy Assn
- Toggle 4 OSHA Confined Spaces in Construction 2007
- Toggle 3 OSHA Safety Standards for Cranes and Derricks in Construction 2007
- Toggle 3 OSHA Walking and Working Surfaces; Personal Protective Equipment (Fall Protection Systems) 2007
- Toggle 2 COE Proposal to Reissue and Modify Nationwide Permits 2010
- Toggle 2 FWS Eagle Permits; Modifications to Regulations Governing Take to Protect Interests in Particular Localities 2011
- Toggle 2 BLM Proposed Rule: Segregation of Lands—Renewable Energy 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Greater Sage-Grouse 2008
- Toggle 1 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) Membership Nominations 2010
- Toggle 1 MMS Notice of Availability of the revised Documentation of Section 106 Finding of Adverse Effect for the proposed Cape Wind Energy Project. 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Wind Energy Assn
- Toggle 17 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012
- Toggle 16 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 8 DOE Rulemaking to Amend 10 CFR Part 1021: National Environmental Policy Act Implementing Procedures 2010
- Toggle 7 MMS AD30 - Alternative Energy and Alternate Uses of Existing Facilities on the OCS. 2008
- Toggle 7 FWS Beech Ridge Energy 2012
- Toggle 5 BLM Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding a Competitive Process for Leasing Public Lands for Solar and Wind Energy Development 2011
- Toggle 5 USCG Port Access Route Study; The Atlantic Coast From Maine to Florida 2011
- Toggle 5 OSHA Confined Spaces in Construction 2007
- Toggle 5 OSHA Safety Standards for Cranes and Derricks in Construction 2007
- Toggle 5 FWS Eagle Permits; Modifications to Regulations Governing Take to Protect Interests in Particular Localities 2011
Advisory Committees5 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Wind Energy Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Interior 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Export-Import Bank of the United States 1 person on 1 committee