American Water Works Assn
American Water Works Association (AWWA) is an international non-profit professional organization dedicated to the improvement of water quality and supply. Founded in 1881, it claims a membership of around 56,000 members worldwide as of 2010.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Water Works Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Water Works Assn $40,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6091 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.41 Beauty Mountain and Agua Tibia Wilderness Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 83 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Water Works Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Water Works Assn
- Toggle 1 NRC Draft Regulatory Issue Summary Regarding Submittal of Amendments for Processing of Equivalent Feed at Licensed Uranium Recovery Facilities 2011
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Rail Petitions and Recommendations to Improve the Safety of Railroad Tank Car Transportation 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Water Works Assn
- Toggle 23 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 19 EPA Consumer Confidence Reports for Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Retrospective Review (2.26) 2012
- Toggle 12 EPA Notice of Availability of Draft Criteria and Request for Scientific Views 2011
- Toggle 8 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA Request for Nominations of Drinking Water Contaminants for the Fourth Contaminant Candidate List 2012
- Toggle 7 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Certain Industrial Equipment: Commercial Clothes Washers 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA National Water Program 2012 Strategy: Response to Climate Change 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Announcement of Preliminary Regulatory Determinations for Contaminants on the Third Drinking Water Contaminant Candidate List 2012