American Veterinary Medical Assn
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), founded in 1863, is a not-for-profit association representing more than 81,500 U.S. veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Veterinary Medical Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Veterinary Medical Assn $1,250,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Food Industry,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1406 Fairness to Pet Owners Act of 2011 S.1211 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2011 H.R.965 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2011 H.R.1513 Great Ape Protection and Cost Savings Act of 2011 S.810 Great Ape Protection and Cost Savings Act of 2011 S.518 Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program Enhancement Act S.1176 American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act of 2011 S.1281 Horse Transportation Safety Act of 2011 H.R.2966 American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.198 Veterans Dog Training Therapy Act
RegulationsMentioned in 63 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Veterinary Medical Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Veterinary Medical Assn
- Toggle 2 CDC Draft Action Plan – A Public Health Action Plan to Combat Antimicrobial- Resistance 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Antimicrobial Animal Drug Sales and Distribution Reporting 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Depredation Orders for Double-crested Cormorants at Aquaculture Facilities and for Protection of Public Resources 2011
- Toggle 2 APHIS Revision of Virus-Serum-Toxin Act Regulations in 9 CFR 107 Concerning Animal Biologics 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Approach to Addressing Drug Shortage; Public Workshop, Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Removal of the U.S. Captive-bred Inter-subspecific crossed or generic Tiger From the Exemption to Register Under the Captive-bred Wildlife Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA 2011 Scientific Meeting of the National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 DEA Disposal of Controlled Substances 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Establishment of Data Standards for Electronic Interstate Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (ICVI) 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS National Animal Health Monitoring System Needs Assessments. 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Veterinary Medical Assn
- Toggle 33 Veterinary Oversight of Antimicrobial Use in Livestock: Impact on Stakeholders; Public Meetings; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 18 APHIS Animal Welfare; Retail Pet Stores and Licensing Exemptions 2011
- Toggle 15 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 12 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 6 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Revising Approved Conditions of Use for New Animal Drugs and New Animal Drug Combination Products Administered in or on Medicated Feed or Drinking Water of Food-Producing Animals to Align with GFI #209; Availability 2011
- Toggle 5 CDC Draft Action Plan – A Public Health Action Plan to Combat Antimicrobial- Resistance 2011
- Toggle 4 APHIS 2010 Guidelines for Elephant Tuberculosis 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Draft Compliance Policy Guide on Labeling and Marketing of Nutritional Products Intended for Use to Diagnose, Cure, Mitigate, Treat, or Prevent Disease in Dogs and Cats; Availability 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA Antimicrobial Animal Drug Sales and Distribution Reporting 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Reporting Rule 2011