American Trucking Assns
The American Trucking Associations (ATA), founded in 1933, is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of other trucking groups, industry-related conferences, and its 50 affiliated state trucking associations, ATA represents more than 37,000 members covering every type of motor carrier in the United States. Former Governor of Kansas Bill Graves is ATA's President and CEO.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Romney Victory Inc Bill Graves $614,900
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Trucking Assns
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Trucking Assns $3,256,153
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Roads & Highways
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.326 Federal Surface Transportation Policy and Planning Act of 2011 H.R.2847 American Specialty Agriculture Act H.R.4016 Hazardous Material Transportation Safety Act of 2009 H.R.4016 Carried Interest Fairness Act of 2012 H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 67 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Trucking Assns" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Trucking Assns
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Trucking Assns
- Toggle 5 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Nonconformance Penalties for On-highway Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines 2011
- Toggle 5 FMCSA Alabama Metal Coil Securement Act: Petition for Determination of Preemption 2011
- Toggle 4 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA NESHAP for Primary Aluminum Production Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA California Air Resources Board In-Use Heavy-Duty Diesel-Fueled Yard Trucks and Two-Engine Sweepers Authorization Request 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementations Plans; California Air Resources Board – In-Use Heavy-Duty Diesel-Fueled Truck and Bus Regulation, Drayage Truck Regulation and Ocean-Going Vessels Clean Fuels Regulation 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NV: Clark County, Nevada 1997 8-hour O3 redesignatinon 2012