American Thoracic Society
American Thoracic Society (ATS), established in 1905, is an independently incorporated, international, educational and scientific society, serving its 18,000 members worldwide who are dedicated in respiratory and critical care medicine. The Society aims to help to prevent and fight respiratory disease by promoting research, education, patient care, and advocacy, ultimately to decrease morbidity and mortality from respiratory diseases.
Campaign Finance$250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Thoracic Society
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Thoracic Society $612,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Foreign Relations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1581 Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 S.1020 Savings Enhancement by Alleviating Leakage in 401(k)Savings Act of 2011 H.R.5996 Mental Health First Aid Higher Education Act of 2012 S.2057 A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to allow physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and clinical nurse specialists to supervise cardiac, intensive cardiac, and pulmonary rehabilitation programs. H.R.1639 Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 H.R.5996 (Unknown) S.1461 Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 98 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Thoracic Society" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Thoracic Society
- Toggle 1 DOT Smoking of Electronic Cigarettes on Aircraft 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Using Innovative Technologies and Other Conditions of Safe Use To Expand Which Drug Products Can Be Considered Nonprescription 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Thoracic Society
- Toggle 31 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 13 EPA Integrated Science Assessment for Ozone and Other Photochemical Oxidants 2011
- Toggle 12 EPA Formaldehyde Emissions Standards for Composite Wood Products 2012
- Toggle 9 APHIS 2010 Guidelines for Elephant Tuberculosis 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Integrated Science Assessment for Lead (Pb) 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Thoracic Society" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 2 committees