American Standard Companies
American Standard Companies, Inc. was a global manufacturer of air conditioning systems and services, bath & kitchen products and vehicle control systems. The company divested all but the air conditioning business in 2007, and renamed itself Trane.
Campaign Finance$386,117 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Standard Companies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Standard Companies $300,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
RegulationsMentioned in 24 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Standard Companies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Standard Companies
- Toggle 14 EERE Energy Efficiency Program: Energy Conservation Standards Furnace Fans 2010
- Toggle 3 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner and Packaged Terminal Heat Pump Energy Conservation Standards 2007
- Toggle 2 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 2 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 2 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Allowance System for Controlling HCFCs 2003
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Boilers [69FR45420] (EERE-2001-STD-0102) 2006
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Framework Document for Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2011-BT-STD-0011) 2008
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Federal Guide for Green Construction Specs; Notice of Availability 2004
- Toggle 1 SEC 2005
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|3m Company||American Standard, Inc. (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|American Standard Inc., Et Al. (Avery Dennison Corp.)||American Standard Inc (+42 others)||2008||Camden, Nj||$9,539,092|
|3m Company Et Al.||American Standard Companies (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|American Standard, Inc. Et Al.||American Standard, Inc. (+6 others)||2010||South Brunswick, Nj||$4,560,000|
|Abb, Inc.||American Standard Inc (+72 others)||2007||Wood Ridge, Nj||$1,400,000|
Advisory Committees3 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Standard Companies" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee