American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn
The American Speech–Language–Hearing Association (ASHA) is a professional association for speech–language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists in the United States and internationally. It has more than 140,000 members and affiliates.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn $1,330,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.531 Access to Frontline Health Care Act of 2011 H.R.1479 Hearing Aid Assistance Tax Credit Act 2011 H.R.1546 Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act of 2011 H.R.2068 Nuclear Regulatory Commission Continuation Act H.R.2272 LEARN Act S.829 Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act of 2011 S.905 Hearing Aid Assistance Tax Credit Act S.929 LEARN Act H.R.2117 Protecting Academic Freedom in Higher Education Act H.R.3200 Local Flexibility for Transit Assistance Act
RegulationsMentioned in 33 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn
- Toggle 1 SSA Solicitation of collaboration from Federal agencies on developing a standard for coding functional capacity in Federal disability programs based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF). 2012
- Toggle 1 ED Comprehensive Centers Program, notice of proposed priorities, requirements, and selection criteria. 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS State Requirements for Exchange--Reinsurance and Risk Adjustments 2011
- Toggle 1 Assistance to States for the Education of Children with Disabilities--Maintenance of Effort 2012
- Toggle 1 ED Federal Student Aid Negotiated Rulemaking Committee 2012
- Toggle 1 ED Assistance to States for the Education of Children with Disabilities 2011
- Toggle 1 Revised Medical Criteria for Evaluating Hearing Loss and Disturbances of Labyrinthine-Vestibular Function 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Proposed Data Collection Standards for Race, Ethnicity, Primary Language, Sex, and Disability Status Required by Section 4302 of the Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 1 ED 2011 Public Hearings for Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA) Regulations 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn
- Toggle 9 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 5 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 3 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
- Toggle 2 SSA Solicitation of collaboration from Federal agencies on developing a standard for coding functional capacity in Federal disability programs based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF). 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System for CY 2012, End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program for PY 2013 and PY 2014; Ambulance Fee Schedule; and Durable Medical Equipment 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Uniform Disclosure to Consumers: Benefit Design, Cost Sharing, & Standards for Definitions 2011
- Toggle 2 ED Federal Student Aid Negotiated Rulemaking Committee 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Data Collection to Support Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Recognition of Entities for the Accreditation of Qualified Health Plans 2012