American Society of Plant Biologists
The American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB) is a professional society devoted to the advancement of the plant sciences. It was founded in 1924 as the American Society of Plant Physiologists and renamed in 2001. It publishes The Plant Cell and Plant Physiology and organizes conferences and other activities that are key to the advancement of the science.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Society of Plant Biologists
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Society of Plant Biologists $570,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Science & Technology,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.2997 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3433 GRANT Act H.R.5116 NIST GREEN JOBS Act of 2010 H.R.5325 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 26 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Society of Plant Biologists" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Society of Plant Biologists
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Society of Plant Biologists
- Toggle 3 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Herbicide Resistant Corn and Soybeans, and Notice of Virtual Public Meetings 2013
- Toggle 2 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 2 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Corn Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2010
- Toggle 2 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Herbicide Resistant Soybeans and Cotton, and Notice of Virtual Public Meetings 2013
- Toggle 2 NIFA AFRI Stakeholder 2010 2010
- Toggle 2 APHIS J.R. Simplot Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Potato Genetically Engineered for Low Acrylamide Potential and Reduced Black Spot Bruise 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for InnateTM Potatoes with Late Blight Resistance, Low Acrylamide Potential, Reduced Black Spot, and Lowered Reducing Sugars: Russet Burbank Event W8 2014
- Toggle 1 FDA The Judicious Use of Medically Important Antimicrobial Drugs in Food-Producing Animals 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Alternative Fuel Transportation Program; Replacement Fuel Goal Modification 2009