American Society of Plant Biologists
The American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB) is a professional society devoted to the advancement of the plant sciences. It was founded in 1924 as the American Society of Plant Physiologists and renamed in 2001. It publishes The Plant Cell and Plant Physiology and organizes conferences and other activities that are key to the advancement of the science.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Society of Plant Biologists
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Society of Plant Biologists $570,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Science & Technology,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5116 NIST GREEN JOBS Act of 2010 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.5325 America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2010 S.3605 NIST GREEN JOBS Act of 2010 H.R.2596 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011 S.1572 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1601 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 18 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Society of Plant Biologists" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Society of Plant Biologists
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Society of Plant Biologists
- Toggle 2 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 2 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Corn Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 2 NIFA AFRI Stakeholder 2010 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 1 EPA FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel; Notice of Public Meeting 2005
- Toggle 1 EERE Alternative Fuel Transportation Program; Replacement Fuel Goal Modification 2009
- Toggle 1 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Herbicide Tolerant DAS-44406-6 Soybean 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Environmental Assessment; Determination of Nonregulated Status of Sugar Beet Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2010