American Society of Nephrology
Founded in 1966, the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) is the world’s largest professional society devoted to the study of kidney disease. Composed of 11,000 physicians and scientists, ASN promotes expert patient care, advances medical research, and educates the renal community. ASN also informs policymakers about issues of importance to kidney doctors and their patients.
Campaign Finance$250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Society of Nephrology
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Society of Nephrology $158,500
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1458 Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2009 H.R.1193 Kidney Care Quality and Education Act of 2007 H.R.1245 Kidney Disease Educational Benefits Act of 2007 H.R.1298 Kidney Care Quality and Improvement Act of 2005 H.R.3010 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2006 H.R.5647 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.CON.RES.312 S.2 S.432 Kidney Disease Educational Benefits Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 65 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Society of Nephrology" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Society of Nephrology
- Toggle 2 FDA Approaches to Reducing Sodium Consumption 2011
- Toggle 2 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 NIH Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for Which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors 2010
- Toggle 1 FSIS Reducing Sodium in the Food Supply; Establishing Sodium Reduction Targets; Establishment of Dockets; Request for Comments, Data and Information 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Revised Draft Guidance for Industry on Pharmacokinetics in Patients with Impaired Renal Function--Study Design, Data Analysis, and Impact on Dosing and Labeling; Availability 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Society of Nephrology
- Toggle 28 CMS End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Conditions for Coverage 2010
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System 2009
- Toggle 6 FDA Approaches to Reducing Sodium Consumption 2011
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital IPPS for Acute Care Hospitals and the LTCH PPS and Fiscal Year 2011 Rates; Effective Date of Provider Agreements and Supplier Approvals; and Hospital Conditions of Participation for Rehabilitation and Respiratory Care Services Medicaid Program: Accreditation Requirements for Providers of Inpatient Psychiatric Services for Individuals under Age 21 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System for CY 2012, End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program for PY 2013 and PY 2014; Ambulance Fee Schedule; and Durable Medical Equipment 2011
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 4 FSIS Reducing Sodium in the Food Supply; Establishing Sodium Reduction Targets; Establishment of Dockets; Request for Comments, Data and Information 2011
- Toggle 4 CMS Quality Incentives in the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Program 2010