American Society of Mechanical Engineers
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) is a professional body, specifically an engineering society, focused on mechanical engineering. The ASME was founded in 1880 by Alexander Lyman Holley, Henry Rossiter Worthington, John Edison Sweet and Matthias N. Forney in response to numerous steam boiler pressure vessel failures. The organization is known for setting codes and standards for mechanical devices. The ASME conducts one of the world's largest technical publishing operations through its ASME Press, holds numerous technical conferences and hundreds of professional development courses each year, and sponsors numerous outreach and educational programs.
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Society of Mechanical Engineers $453,700
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Science & Technology,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.889 Fulfilling the Potential of Women in Academic Science and Engineering Act of 2011 S.758 STEM Master Teacher Corps Act of 2011 H.R.1903 21st Century STEM for Girls and Underrepresented Minorities Act S.716 Innovation Inspiration School Grant Program Act S.969 E 2 for Innovation Act H.R.3070 Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1675 Preparing Students for Success in the Global Economy Act of 2011 H.R.1951 E 2 for Innovation Act H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 173 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Society of Mechanical Engineers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Toggle 40 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 20 EPA 2013 Technical Corrections, Clarifying, and Other Amendments to Certain Provisions of the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2012
- Toggle 7 EERE Test Procedures for Showerheads, Faucets, Water Closets, Urinals, and Commercial Prerinse Spray Valves 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 6 OMB Federal Participation in the Development and Use of Voluntary Consensus Standards and in Conformity Assessment Activities 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Transmission Pipelines 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Veolia ES Technical Solutions Title V Permit Modification 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permit for the Pio Pico Energy Center 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Society of Mechanical Engineers" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee