American Society of Clinical Oncology
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is the world's leading professional organization representing physicians of all oncology subspecialties who care for people with cancer. Founded in 1964 by Drs. Fred Ansfield, Harry Bisel, Herman Freckman, Arnoldus Goudsmit, Robert Talley, William Wilson, and Jane Wright, ASCO's more than 27,000 members from the United States and abroad set the standard for patient care worldwide. ASCO members lead the fight for more effective cancer treatments, increased funding for clinical and translational research, and, ultimately, cures for the many different types of cancer that strike an estimated 10 million people worldwide each year.
Campaign Finance$2,500 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Society of Clinical Oncology
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Society of Clinical Oncology $255,303
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1392 H.R.1844 Comprehensive Cancer Care Improvement Act of 2009 H.R.3095 Medicare Cancer Patient Database and Coverage Act of 2009 S.1221 S.717 21st Century Cancer ALERT (Access to Life-Saving Early detection, Research and Treatment) Act H.R.995 Mammogram and MRI Availability Act of 2009 H.R.1691 Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act of 2009 H.R.1740 Breast Cancer Education and Awareness Requires Learning Young Act of 2009 H.R.2279 Eliminating Disparities in Breast Cancer Treatment Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 53 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Society of Clinical Oncology" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Toggle 2 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Participation of Certain Population Subsets in Clinical Drug Trials; Request for Comment 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS OHRP Draft Guidance on Conditional IRB Approval 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Adaptive Design Clinical Trials for Drugs and Biologics 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Non-Inferiority Clinical Trials; Availability 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Informed Consent Elements 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
- Toggle 1 NIH Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for Which Public Health Service Funding is Sought and Responsible Prospective Contractors 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Toggle 15 CMS Medicare Part B - Competitive Acquisition of Outpatient Drugs and Biologicals 2010
- Toggle 10 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2010 2009
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 6 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA Proposal to Withdraw Approval; Notice of Opportunity for a Hearing for the Breast Cancer Indication for Bevacizumab (Avastin) 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicaid Graduate Medical Education 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Participation of Certain Population Subsets in Clinical Drug Trials; Request for Comment 2009
- Toggle 3 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Outpatient PPS and CY 2007 Rates; Proposed CY 2007 Update to the ASC Covered Procedures List; and Proposed Changes to the ASC Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2005 2010
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Society of Clinical Oncology" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Corporation for National and Community Service 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee