American Society of Civil Engineers
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a professional body founded in 1852 to represent members of the civil engineering profession worldwide. It is the oldest national engineering society in the United States. ASCE's vision is to have engineers positioned as global leaders who strive toward building a better quality of life. Its world headquarters is in Reston, Virginia.
Campaign Finance$250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Society of Civil Engineers
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Society of Civil Engineers $1,748,143
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
- Small Business,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.CON.RES.34 Establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021. H.R.402 National Infrastructure Development Bank Act of 2011 S.652 Building and Upgrading Infrastructure for Long-Term Development H.R.104 RAMP Act H.R.674 3% Withholding Repeal and Job Creation Act S.89 Withholding Tax Relief Act of 2011 S.164 Withholding Tax Relief Act of 2011 S.758 STEM Master Teacher Corps Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 66 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Society of Civil Engineers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Society of Civil Engineers
- Toggle 1 FTA Environmental Impact and Related Procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) 2011
- Toggle 1 FHWA National Standards for Traffic Control Devices; the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways; Notice and Request for Comment 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Society of Civil Engineers
- Toggle 15 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 6 FWS Four Central Texas Salamanders 2012
- Toggle 6 EPA Stormwater Discharges from Forest Roads 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Ocean Dumping; Sabine-Neches Waterway Ocean Dredged Material Disposal Site Designation 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Notice of Availability of Draft Criteria and Request for Scientific Views 2011
- Toggle 2 NRC Issuance and Availability of Draft Regulatory Guide 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Interim Guidance on State Freight Plans and State Freight Advisory Committees 2012
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Society of Civil Engineers" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee