American Shipbuilding Assn
Campaign Finance$21,150 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Shipbuilding Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Shipbuilding Assn $2,500,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Homeland Security,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2821 Withholding Tax Relief Act of 2006
RegulationsMentioned in 77 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Shipbuilding Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Shipbuilding Assn
- Toggle 5 OSHA General Working Conditions in Shipyard Employment 2006
- Toggle 1 USCG Vessel Documentation: Lease Financing for Vessels Engaged in the Coastwide Trade; Second Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 1 OSHA Combustible Dust 2009
- Toggle 1 DARS Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement; Research and Development Contract Type Determination (DFARS Case 2006-D053) 2008
- Toggle 1 PHMSA U.S. DOT/RSPA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2002
- Toggle 1 MARAD Vessel Documentation: Lease Financing for Vessels Engaged in the Coastwise Trade; Second Rulemaking 2003
- Toggle 1 TSA Transportation Worker Identification Credential Standards for Maritime 2006
- Toggle 1 DARS Minimizing Use of Hexavalent Chromium (DFARS Case 2009–D004) 2010
- Toggle 1 MARAD Notice of Requested Administrative Waiver of the Cargo Preference Act of 1954 to Allow Cargo Carriage By a Non-Qualified U.S.-Flag Vessel in the Absence of Available Qualified U.S. Flag Vessels, with Request for Comments 2002
- Toggle 1 USCG Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Maritime 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Shipbuilding Assn
- Toggle 11 OSHA General Working Conditions in Shipyard Employment 2006
- Toggle 4 OSHA HEXAVALENT CHROMIUM 2006
- Toggle 4 MARAD Marine Transport Corporation Notice of Application for Written Permission for Termporary Transfer to the Coastwise Trade 2000
- Toggle 4 EPA Streamlining the General Pretreatment Regulations for Existing and New Source of Pollution. 2002
- Toggle 4 MARAD Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Putting Customers First in the Title 11 Progrsm 1998
- Toggle 4 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 3 EPA Control of Emissions from New Marine Compression-Ignition Engines at or Above 30 Liters per Cylinder; Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2007
- Toggle 3 OSHA Maritime Advisory Committee for Occupational Safety and Health (MACOSH), Notices and Meetings for 2011 2011
- Toggle 3 TSA Transportation Worker Identification Credential Standards for Maritime 2006
- Toggle 3 USCG Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Maritime 2006