American Red Cross
The American Red Cross (also known as the American National Red Cross and Cruz Roja Americana in Spanish ) is a volunteer-led, humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education inside the United States. It is the designated U.S. affiliate of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Campaign Finance$55,621 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Red Cross
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Red Cross $445,097
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1380 Josh Miller HEARTS Act S.1197 Josh Miller HEARTS Act H.R.1250 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2009 H.R.2555 Homeowners' Defense Act of 2010 H.R.3359 US and the World Education Act S.864 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2009 S.2868 Federal Supply Schedules Usage Act of 2010 H.R.1388 Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act H.R.2892 Homeland Security and and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3081 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 102 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Red Cross" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Red Cross
- Toggle 1 ETA Senior Community Service Employment Program; Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Additional Indicator on Volunteer Work 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Informed Consent Elements 2009
- Toggle 1 CDC Implementation of Section 2695 (42 U.S.C. 300ff–131) of Public Law 111– 87: Infectious Diseases and Circumstances Relevant to Notification Requirements 2010
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Use of Serological Tests to Reduce the Risk of Transmission of Trypanosoma cruzi Infection in Whole Blood & Blood Components for Transfusion & Human Cells, Tissues & Cellular & Tissue-Based Products (HCT/Ps); Availability 2009
- Toggle 1 CPSC Proposed Collection; Comment Request—Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act; Compliance Form 2009
- Toggle 1 DOS Schedule of Fees for Consular Services, Department of State and Overseas Embassies and Consulates 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Standards for Securing the Drug Supply Chain -- Standardized Numerical Identification for Prescription Drug Packages; Availability 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Red Cross
- Toggle 12 FEMA National Disaster Recovery Framework 2010
- Toggle 6 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Use of Serological Tests to Reduce the Risk of Transmission of Trypanosoma cruzi Infection in Whole Blood & Blood Components for Transfusion & Human Cells, Tissues & Cellular & Tissue-Based Products (HCT/Ps); Availability 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Calendar Year 2006 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 4 ED Gainful Employment--Student Assistance General Provisions--34 CFR Part 668 2010
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 3 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 3 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 3 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Calendar Year 2005 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 3 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) Membership Nominations 2010
Advisory Committees17 people on 10 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Red Cross" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 11 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 2 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of Science and Technology Policy 1 person on 1 committee