American Red Cross
The American Red Cross (also known as the American National Red Cross and Cruz Roja Americana in Spanish ) is a volunteer-led, humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance, disaster relief and education inside the United States. It is the designated U.S. affiliate of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Campaign Finance$388,269 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Red Cross
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Red Cross $3,771,989
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Foreign Relations,
- Health Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Government Issues,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1380 Josh Miller HEARTS Act S.557 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2011 S.1197 Josh Miller HEARTS Act H.R.1250 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2009 S.864 Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2009 H.R.2309 Postal Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2555 Homeowners' Defense Act of 2010 H.R.3359 US and the World Education Act H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.RES.937 (Unknown)
RegulationsMentioned in 596 dockets; Submitted to 35 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Red Cross" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Red Cross
- Toggle 3 FDA Safety Reporting Requirements Human Drug/Biological Products 2000
- Toggle 3 FDA Electronic Records & Signatures, Retention of Electronic Rec 2000
- Toggle 2 OPM Solicitation of Federal Civilian and Uniformed Service Personnel for Contributions to Private Voluntary Organizations 2013
- Toggle 2 FDA Regulation of Cellular & Tissue-Based Products Data 1997
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Infectious Substances 1993
- Toggle 2 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Use of Nucleic Acid Tests to Reduce the Risk of Transmission of West Nile Virus from Donors of Whole Blood and Blood Components Intended for Transfusion and Donors of Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/Ps); Availability 2008
- Toggle 1 ETA Senior Community Service Employment Program; Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Additional Indicator on Volunteer Work 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Requirements for Human Blood and Blood Components Intended for Transfusion or for Further Manufacturing Use 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Human Cellular and Tissue-Based Products 1997
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Red Cross
- Toggle 312 DOT Industry Letter re: Aviation Disaster Family Assistance Act of 1996 1996
- Toggle 275 DOT Foreign Air Carrier Plans to Address Needs of Families of Victims of Aircraft Accidents 1998
- Toggle 24 OSHA BLOODBORNE INFECTIOUS DISEASES 2006
- Toggle 21 NHTSA Notice of Establishment of an Advisory Committee 2006
- Toggle 13 OSHA BLOODBORNE INFECTIOUS DISEASES 2006
- Toggle 12 FEMA Voluntary Private Sector Accreditation and Certification Preparedness Program 2008
- Toggle 12 EPA Label Statements Regarding Third-Party Endorsements and Cause Marketing Claims 2007
- Toggle 12 FEMA National Disaster Recovery Framework 2010
- Toggle 12 FEMA Radiological Emergency Preparedness Program Manual; and Criteria for Preparation and Evaluation Radiological Emergency Response Plans and Preparedness in Support of Nuclear Power Plants; NUREG-0654/FEMA- REP-1 Supplement 4 2008
- Toggle 11 NOAA Sector Operations Plans and Allocations for Fishing Year 2013 2013
American Red Cross:
Section 8084 -- Red Cross Consolidated Blood Services Facility
Federal Spending1 grant; 3 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|American Red Cross||2004||Office Of Justice Programs||FISCAL YEAR 2004 COMPETITIVE TRAINING GRANTS PROGRAM||$6,507,230|
|American Red Cross||2005||National Institutes Of Health||DONOR APHERESIS SERVICES||$2,672,344|
|American Red Cross||2006||National Institutes Of Health||DONOR APHERESIS SERVICES||$2,580,000|
|American Red Cross||2004||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||TO PROVIDE BLOOD AND BLOOD COMPONENTS SERVICES.||$1,797,214|
Advisory Committees40 people on 21 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Red Cross" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 17 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 12 people on 8 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 3 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 3 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of Science and Technology Policy 1 person on 1 committee