American Public Transportation Assn
The American Public Transportation Association is a non-profit organization which serves as an advocate for the advancement of public transportation programs and initiatives in the United States. Since its founding in 1882, APTA has educated the public about the benefits of public transportation through organized bus, light rail, rapid transit and other programs. It lobbies the U.S. Congress and local government bodies in favor of public transportation improvements and new developments.
Campaign Finance$22,520 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Public Transportation Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Public Transportation Assn $2,660,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.2892 Homeland Security and and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.1298 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.575 Clean, Low-Emission, Affordable, New Transportation Efficiency Act H.R.4691 Temporary Extension Act of 2010 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3617 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 61 dockets; Submitted to 22 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Public Transportation Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Public Transportation Assn
- Toggle 5 FTA Major Capital Investment Projects 2010
- Toggle 3 FTA Project Management Oversight 2009
- Toggle 2 FRA Capital Assistance for High Speed Rail Corridors and Intercity Passengers Rail Service 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program; Potential Program Improvements 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise; Overall Goal Schedule and Substitution 2009
- Toggle 1 FRA Hours of Service Interim Statement of Agency Policy and Proposed Interpretation 2009
- Toggle 1 FTA Notice of Proposed Policy Statement for Eligible New Freedom Projects 2009
- Toggle 1 FTA Notice of Availability of Discussion Paper on Evaluation of Economic Development 2009
- Toggle 1 FRA Federal Railroad Administration - 2010 Information Collection Notices 2010
- Toggle 1 FRA National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak) - Waiver Petition 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Public Transportation Assn
- Toggle 27 FTA Major Capital Investment Projects 2010
- Toggle 14 EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 9 ATBCB Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Accessibility Guidelines for Transportation Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 9 FRA Conductor Certification 2009
- Toggle 8 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 8 FRA Hours of Service - Passenger Train Employees 2009
- Toggle 7 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 7 FRA Training Standards for Railroad Employees 2009
- Toggle 5 FRA Vehicle/Track Interaction Safety Standards; High-Speed and High Cant Deficiency Operations 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010