American Public Power Assn
The American Public Power Association (APPA) is the service organization for the more than 2,000 U.S. community-owned electric utilities that serve more than 45 million Americans.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Public Power Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Public Power Assn $1,309,388
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.316 Fort Hood Victims and Families Benefits Protection Act H.R.795 Small-Scale Hydropower Enhancement Act of 2011 H.R.1391 RCCRA Act of 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 H.R.2842 Bureau of Reclamation Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.4173 Prevent Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons and Stop War Through Diplomacy Act S.911 SPECTRUM Act S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 101 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Public Power Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Public Power Assn
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 SBA Small Business Size Standards: Utilities 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE DOE Participation in Energy Code Development 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Determination of Governmental Plan Status 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Public Power Assn
- Toggle 38 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012
- Toggle 21 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 11 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 7 EERE Notice of Intent to Negotiate Proposed Rule on Energy Efficiency Standards for Distribution Transformers 2011
- Toggle 5 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 4 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 3 Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Improving Regulations: General 2011
- Toggle 2 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011