American Psychological Assn
The American Psychological Association (abbreviated APA) is the largest scientific and professional organization of psychologists in the United States. It is the world's largest association of psychologists with around 150,000 members including scientists, educators, clinicians, consultants and students. The APA has an annual budget of around $115m. The American Psychological Association is occasionally confused with the American Psychiatric Association, which also uses the acronym APA.
Campaign Finance$13,025 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Psychological Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Psychological Assn Practice Org $1,783,177 American Psychological Assn $1,191,700
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Science & Technology,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Media Information & Publishing,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.483 Medicare Mental Health Access Act H.R.831 To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for treatment of clinical psychologists as physicians for purposes of furnishing clinical psychologist services under the Medicare Program. H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 S.525 Positive Aging Act of 2011 S.668 Health Care Bureaucrats Elimination Act H.R.451 Healthcare Truth and Transparency Act of 2011 S.374 Medicare Mental Health Inpatient Equity Act S.740 Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act Reauthorization of 2011 H.R.998 Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2011 H.R.1208 IDEA Fairness Restoration Act
RegulationsMentioned in 47 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Psychological Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Psychological Assn
- Toggle 1 SSA Solicitation of collaboration from Federal agencies on developing a standard for coding functional capacity in Federal disability programs based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF). 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 HRSA Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Solicitation of Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Psychological Assn
- Toggle 7 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 4 ETA Notice of Development of the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration’s Five-Year Research and Evaluation Strategic Plan for 2010-2015; Request for Public Comment 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Experimental Study on Consumer Responses to Nutrition Facts Labels with Various Footnote Formats and Declaration of Amount of Added Sugars 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Effective Date of Requirement for Premarket Approval for Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulator 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012