American Optometric Assn
The American Optometric Association (AOA) represents optometrists nationally in the USA. It consists of State Optometric Associations, which are made up of local Optometric Societies.
Campaign Finance$23,614,881 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Optometric Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Optometric Assn $14,594,180
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Small Business
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1884 National Health Service Corps Improvement Act of 2009 H.R.451 Healthcare Truth and Transparency Act of 2011 H.R.2697 Optometric Equity in Medicaid Act of 2009 S.312 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act H.R.605 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act H.R.1206 Access to Professional Health Insurance Advisors Act of 2011 H.R.531 Access to Frontline Health Care Act of 2011 H.R.969 Medical Practice Freedom Act of 2011 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.1195 National Health Service Corps Improvement Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 98 dockets; Submitted to 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Optometric Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Optometric Assn
- Toggle 2 DEA Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Nationwide Health Information Network: Conditions for Trusted Exchange 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Coverage: Interim Final Rules for Relating to Status as a Grandfathered Health Plan under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 1 HRSA Designation of Medically Underserved Populations and Health Professions Shortage Areas: Intent to Form Negotiated Rulemaking Committee 2010
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Qualification Drivers; Exemption Applications; Diabetes 2001
- Toggle 1 HRSA Designation of Medically Underserved Populations and Health Professional Shortage Areas 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Optometric Assn
- Toggle 14 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2010 2009
- Toggle 6 OSHA ERGONOMICS 2006
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Glazing Materials 1996
- Toggle 6 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2009; and Revisions to the Amendment of the E Prescribing Exemption for Computer Generated Facsimile Transmissions 2008
- Toggle 3 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 3 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 2 VA AM75 - Final Rule - Schedule for Rating Disabilities; Evaluation of Residuals of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) 2008
- Toggle 2 NHTSA NHTSA Distraction Plan 2010