American Occupational Therapy Assn
The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) is the national professional association established in 1917 to represent the interests and concerns of occupational therapy practitioners and students and improve the quality of occupational therapy services. Current AOTA membership is approximately 43,000 occupational therapists, assistants and students globally.
Campaign Finance$3,699,691 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Occupational Therapy Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Occupational Therapy Assn $8,430,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Veterans Affairs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2891 Access to Frontline Health Care Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.1546 Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act of 2011 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.829 Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act of 2011 S.786 A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to modify the appointment and grade of the Chief of the Army Medical Specialist Corps. H.R.1832 Servicemembers' Telemedicine and E-Health Portability Act of 2011 H.R.1017 Protecting Children's Health in Schools Act of 2007 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.2260 Healthcare Truth and Transparency Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 101 dockets; Submitted to 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Occupational Therapy Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Occupational Therapy Assn
- Toggle 1 HHS Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan Program 2010
- Toggle 1 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities 2007
- Toggle 1 IRS Interim Final Rules for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Internal Claims and Appeals and External Review Processes under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 IRS Requirement for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers to Provide Coverage of Preventive Services under the PatientProtection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Occupational Therapy Assn
- Toggle 35 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 25 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 7 CMS Rehabilitation Services: State Plan Option 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities for FY 2010; Minimum Data Set, Version 3.0 for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Medicaid Nursing Facilities 2009
- Toggle 4 ED Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities 2007
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicaid Program; Health Care-Related Taxes 2009
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2010 2009
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System for CY 2012, End-Stage Renal Disease Quality Incentive Program for PY 2013 and PY 2014; Ambulance Fee Schedule; and Durable Medical Equipment 2011