American Museum of Natural History
The American Museum of Natural History (abbreviated as AMNH), located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in New York City, United States, is one of the largest and most celebrated museums in the world. Located in park-like grounds across the street from Central Park, the Museum comprises 25 interconnected buildings and 1,013 windows, that house 46 permanent exhibition halls, research laboratories, and its renowned library.
Campaign Finance$45,795 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Museum of Natural History
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Museum of Natural History $360,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5326 Department of Justice Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2596 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1572 Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.3295 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 32 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Museum of Natural History" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Museum of Natural History
- Toggle 4 Designation of Critical Habitat for the Northwest Atlantic Ocean Distinct Population Segment of the Loggerhead Sea Turtle 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 3 FWS Designtion of Critical Habitat for Jaguar 2012
- Toggle 3 FWS Petition to List Either the Eastern Population or Southern Rocky Mountain Population of the Boreal Toad as an Endangered or Threatened Distinct Population Segment 2012
- Toggle 3 FWS Endangered Status for Blue-Throated Macaw 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Prairie Gray Fox, Plains Spotted Skunk, and a Distinct Population Segment of the Mearn's Eastern Cottontail 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Designation of Critical Habitat for the Southern Selkirk Mountains Population of Woodland Caribou (Rangifer taradnus caribou) 2011
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Spot-tailed Earless Lizard 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Florida Bonneted Bat 2012
Advisory Committees5 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Museum of Natural History" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 5 people on 4 committees