American Maritime Officers
Campaign Finance$11,297,092 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Maritime Officers
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Maritime Officers $10,564,946
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3486 Short Sea Shipping Act of 2009 H.R.104 RAMP Act H.R.2838 Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.3619 Coast Guard Authorization Act for Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011 S.2010 H.R.3074 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.1789 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1533 Short Sea Shipping Act of 2011 H.R.5428 Vessel Navigation and Safety Improvement Act S.1194 Coast Guard Authorization Act for Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 62 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Maritime Officers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Maritime Officers
- Toggle 2 USCG Great Lakes Pilotage - 2013 Appendix A Ratemaking 2012
- Toggle 1 USCG Maritime Security 2002
- Toggle 1 USCG 2006 Rates for Pilotage on the Great Lakes 2006
- Toggle 1 DOL Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts 2010
- Toggle 1 USCG Medical and Physical Evaluation Guidelines for Merchant Mariner Credentials 2006
- Toggle 1 USCG Identity Security Modernization at the Merchant Marina Credential Statutes 2005
- Toggle 1 USCG Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Maritime 2006
- Toggle 1 TSA Transportation Worker Identification Credential Standards for Maritime 2006
- Toggle 1 USCG Recognition of Foreign Certificates Under STCW Convention Regulation I/10 2010
- Toggle 1 DOT Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs 2003
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Maritime Officers
- Toggle 37 USCG Maritime Security 2002
- Toggle 31 MARAD Liquefied Natural Gas Vessels Section 9 Application to Transfer Registry of Eight U.S.-Flag LNG Vessels to the Marshal Islands 1999
- Toggle 13 USCG Rates for Pilotage on the Great Lakes 2002
- Toggle 4 USCG Great Lakes Pilotage - 2013 Appendix A Ratemaking 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Control of Emissions from New Marine Compression-Ignition Engines at or Above 30 Liters per Cylinder; Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2007
- Toggle 4 USCG Implementation of the 1995 Amendments to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) for Seafarers, 1978 2004
- Toggle 4 Notice: Great Lake Pilotage Rates -- 2014 Annual Review and Adjustment 2013
- Toggle 3 USCG 2006 Rates for Pilotage on the Great Lakes 2006
- Toggle 2 EBSA PTE 2007-13, American Maritime Officers Safety & Education Plan (the S&E Plan) 2007
- Toggle 2 USCG 2009 Rates for Pilotage on the Great Lakes 2008
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Maritime Officers" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee