American Lung Assn
The American Lung Association or ALA is a private, non-profit organization that "fights lung disease in all its forms, with special emphasis on asthma, tobacco control and air quality."
Campaign Finance$3,450 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Lung Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Lung Assn $590,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Veterans Affairs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.10 REINS Act H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2608 Small Business Program Extension and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2954 Health Equity and Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1538 Regulatory Time-Out Act of 2011 S.1606 Regulatory Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.1639 Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 H.R.3010 Regulatory Accountability Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 180 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Lung Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Lung Assn
- Toggle 418 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 185 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 34 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 19 EPA Formaldehyde Emissions Standards for Composite Wood Products 2012
- Toggle 17 EPA Proposed consent decree in American Lung Association et al. v. EPA, No. 1:12-cv-00243-RLW (D. D.C.) and consolidated case. 2012
- Toggle 16 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 16 HUD FR–5597–N–01 Request for Information on Adopting Smoke-Free Policies in PHAs and Multifamily Housing 2012
- Toggle 14 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 9 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans, California 2007San Joaquin Valley 8-hour Ozone Plan and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA California Air Resources Board Request for Waiver of Preemption for Low Emission Vehicle and Zero Emission Vehicle Regulations (“Advance Clean Car Program”) 2012