American Library Assn
The American Library Association (ALA) is a non-profit organization based in the United States that promotes libraries and library education internationally. It is the oldest and largest library association in the world, with more than 62,000 members.
Campaign Finance$3,950 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Library Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Library Assn $496,388
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Homeland Security,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1616 WILL Act H.R.96 Internet Freedom Act H.R.166 Internet Investment, Innovation, and Competition Preservation Act H.R.292 Stop the OverPrinting (STOP) Act H.R.484 Personal Privacy Clarification Act H.R.1144 Transparency and Openness in Government Act H.J.RES.37 Disapproving the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission with respect to regulating the Internet and broadband industry practices. H.RES.30 Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require that plain English section by section analyses be posted on the Internet for bills and joint resolutions reported by committees. S.74 Internet Freedom, Broadband Promotion, and Consumer Protection Act of 2011 S.193 USA PATRIOT Act Sunset Extension Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Library Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Library Assn
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Library Assn
- Toggle 1 FCC Cable Television Technical and Operational Requirements 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information on Effective Financial Education 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Negotiating Objectives With Respect to Canada’s Participation in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2012
- Toggle 1 DOJ Consolidation of Seizure and Forfeiture Regulations 2012
- Toggle 1 ED Request for Information on Strategies for Improving Outcomes for Disconnected Youth 2012
- Toggle 1 FCC Lifeline and Link Up Reform and Modernization: Advancing Broadband Availability Through Digital Literacy Training 2012
- Toggle 1 USCBP Disclosure of Information for Certain Intellectual Property Rights Enforced at the Border 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA Electronic Privacy Information Center 2012
- Toggle 1 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 1 DHS DHS/ALL – 030 Use of the Terrorist Screening Database System of Records 2011