American International Group
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) (NYSE: AIG) is an American insurance corporation. Its corporate headquarters are located in the American International Building in New York City. The British headquarters office is on Fenchurch Street in London, continental Europe operations are based in La Défense, Paris, and its Asian headquarters office is in Hong Kong. According to the 2008 Forbes Global 2000 list, AIG was once the 18th-largest public company in the world. It was listed on the Dow Jones Industrial Average from April 8, 2004 to September 22, 2008.
Campaign Finance$17,239,736 Given
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American International Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American International Group $74,867,300 American General Corp $600,000 Fleishman-Hillard Inc $260,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1509 S.940 H.R.6049 Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008 H.R.2834 H.R.3970 Tax Reduction and Reform Act of 2007 H.R.4351 AMT Relief Act of 2007 S.40 National Insurance Act of 2007 H.R.1065 Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act of 2007 H.R.3200 National Insurance Act of 2007 S.929 Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 117 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American International Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American International Group
- Toggle 1 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Insurance Reporting Requirements 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 1 Failure To File Gain Recognition Agreements and Other Required Filings 2013
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurer Required to File Reports 2002
- Toggle 1 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Calendar Year 1999 Insurer Submissions under 49 CFR 544 2004
- Toggle 1 TSA Private Charter Security Rules 2002
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American International Group
- Toggle 15 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 5 TREAS Public Input on the Report to Congress on How to Modernize and Improve the System of Insurance Regulation in the United States 2011
- Toggle 5 NHTSA Calender Year 1998 Insurer Submissions - Notice 1 2002
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurer Required to File Reports 2002
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; List of Insurers Required to File Reports 2009
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Insurance Reporting Requirements 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA HAZARDOUS WASTE: RCRA LIABILITY INSURANCE AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION 1985
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Insurers Reporting Requirements List of Insurers 2008 2008
- Toggle 3 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 3 NHTSA List of Insurers Required to Report by October 25, 2007 2007
Advisory Committees4 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American International Group" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee