American Hospital Assn
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is an organization that promotes the quality provision of health care by hospitals and health care networks through such efforts as promoting effective public policy and providing information related to health care and health administration to health care providers and the public. Founded in 1898 and hosting offices in Chicago, Illinois and Washington, D.C., the AHA hosts a Resource Center with more than 47,000 books on health care (some services fee based) and maintains an extensive, frequently updated Health Planning and Administration (HEALTH) database, which provides information related to health care unrelated to clinical treatment. More than 5,600 organizations and 41,000 individuals are members of the AHA.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Bruce BraleySupport $267,796 Richard HannaSupport $257,091 Debbie StabenowSupport $244,192 Chris GibsonSupport $230,550 Tom ReedSupport $223,929 Lois CappsSupport $200,315 Charles BoustanySupport $192,755 James GerlachSupport $184,000 Cathy McMorris RodgersSupport $112,051
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Hospital Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Hospital Assn $30,080,000 Florida Hospital Assn $841,747 Illinois Hospital Assn $680,000 Hospital & Healthsystem Assn of PA $650,000 Missouri Hospital Assn $620,000 New Jersey Hospital Assn $520,000 Ohio Hospital Assn $180,000 Nebraska Hospital Assn $0 Texas Hospital Assn $0 Michigan Health & Hospital Assn $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011 H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 H.R.1852 Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.2500 Equal Access and Parity for Multi-Campus Hospitals Act H.R.1398 Rural Hospital Protection Act S.958 Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 S.296 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act S.668 Health Care Bureaucrats Elimination Act H.R.2245 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 91 dockets; Submitted to 16 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Hospital Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Hospital Assn
- Toggle 2 IRS Additional Requirements for Charitable Hospitals 2012
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals 2011
- Toggle 1 HRSA Exclusion of Orphan Drugs for Certain Covered Entities under 340B Program 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Applications for Food and Drug Administration Approval to Market a New Drug; Revision of Postmarketing Reporting Requirements--Discontinuance 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Nationwide Health Information Network: Conditions for Trusted Exchange 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Metadata Standards to Support Nationwide Electronic Health Information Exchange 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Hospital Assn
- Toggle 58 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011
- Toggle 54 IRS Additional Requirements for Charitable Hospitals 2012
- Toggle 52 CMS Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2013 Rates; Hospitals’ Resident Caps for Graduate Medical Education Payment Purposes; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers and for Ambulatory Surgical Centers 2012
- Toggle 47 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 35 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 34 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs; Electronic Reporting Pilot; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program; Quality Improvement Organization Regulations 2012
- Toggle 31 CMS Medicare Program: Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program 2011
- Toggle 19 CMS Reform of Hospital and Critical Access Hospitals Conditions of Participation 2011
- Toggle 16 FDA Unique Device Identification System; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 12 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011