American Hospital Assn
The American Hospital Association (AHA) is an organization that promotes the quality provision of health care by hospitals and health care networks through such efforts as promoting effective public policy and providing information related to health care and health administration to health care providers and the public. Founded in 1898 and hosting offices in Chicago, Illinois and Washington, D.C., the AHA hosts a Resource Center with more than 47,000 books on health care (some services fee based) and maintains an extensive, frequently updated Health Planning and Administration (HEALTH) database, which provides information related to health care unrelated to clinical treatment. More than 5,600 organizations and 41,000 individuals are members of the AHA.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$67,028,499 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Hospital Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Hospital Assn $234,390,000 Florida Hospital Assn $8,575,260 Missouri Hospital Assn $6,332,793 New Jersey Hospital Assn $3,310,000 Ohio Hospital Assn $3,220,000 Hospital & Healthsystem Assn of PA $3,209,000 Illinois Hospital Assn $2,360,000 Texas Hospital Assn $1,772,389 Hospital Assn of Pennsylvania $1,072,000 Washington State Hospital Assn $354,544
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 593 dockets; Submitted to 53 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Hospital Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Hospital Assn
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Infectious Substances 1993
- Toggle 2 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Applications for Food and Drug Administration Approval to Market a New Drug; Revision of Postmarketing Reporting Requirements--Discontinuance 2011
- Toggle 2 HHS Establishment of Certification Programs for Health Information Technology 2010
- Toggle 2 CDC Implementation of Section 2695 (42 U.S.C. 300ff–131) of Public Law 111– 87: Infectious Diseases and Circumstances Relevant to Notification Requirements 2010
- Toggle 2 IRS Additional Requirements for Charitable Hospitals 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry, Food and Drug Administration Staff, and Clinical Laboratories; Framework for Regulatory Oversight of Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs); Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Insurance Issuers Implementing Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) Requirements under Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Hospital Assn
- Toggle 174 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program 2009
- Toggle 88 CMS Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and FY 2007 Rates 2010
- Toggle 77 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 61 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital IPPS for Acute Care Hospitals and the LTCH PPS and Fiscal Year 2011 Rates; Effective Date of Provider Agreements and Supplier Approvals; and Hospital Conditions of Participation for Rehabilitation and Respiratory Care Services Medicaid Program: Accreditation Requirements for Providers of Inpatient Psychiatric Services for Individuals under Age 21 2010
- Toggle 58 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011
- Toggle 57 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and Fiscal Year 2010 Rates and to the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Rate Year 2010 Rates 2009
- Toggle 54 IRS Additional Requirements for Charitable Hospitals 2012
- Toggle 52 CMS Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2014 Rates; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers; Hospital Conditions of Participation 2013
- Toggle 52 OSHA BLOODBORNE INFECTIOUS DISEASES 2006
- Toggle 52 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and Fiscal Year 2009 Rates; Proposed Changes to Disclosure of Physician Ownership in Hospitals and Physician Self-Referral Rules; Proposed Collection of Information Regarding Financial Relationships Between Hospitals and Physicians 2008
Advisory Committees9 people on 9 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Hospital Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 9 people on 9 committees