American Horse Council
The American Horse Council (AHC) is a trade organization in Washington, DC representing the horse industry. It lobbies before Congress and Federal agencies for the interests of the horse industry, and serves as a unified voice for the horse industry.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Horse Council
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Horse Council $60,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Natural Resources,
- Sports & Athletics
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1733 Interstate Horseracing Improvement Act of 2011 S.886 Interstate Horseracing Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.2164 Legal Workforce Act H.R.3162 To prohibit the Secretary of Labor from implementing certain rules relating to employment of aliens described in section 101(a)(15)(H)(ii)(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, and for other purposes. H.R.6083 Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2012 S.3240 Farm bill H.R.4 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 12 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Horse Council" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Horse Council
- Toggle 1 APHIS Animal Welfare; Retail Pet Stores and Licensing Exemptions 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Horse Protection Act; Petition for Amendments to Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 ATBCB Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Architectural Barriers Act (ABA) Accessibility Guidelines for Shared Use Paths 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Horse Protection Act; Requiring Horse Industry Organizations to Assess and Enforce Minimum Penalties for Violations 2011
- Toggle 1 ETA Temporary Non-agricultural Employment of H-2B Aliens in the United States 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Horse Council
- Toggle 7 WHD Child Labor Regulations, Orders and Statements of Interpretation; Child Labor Violations—Civil Money Penalties 2011
- Toggle 5 APHIS Horse Protection Act; Requiring Horse Industry Organizations to Assess and Enforce Minimum Penalties for Violations 2011
- Toggle 4 ETA Temporary Non-agricultural Employment of H-2B Aliens in the United States 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Create Rules and Regulations Governing the Sale, Transport and Processing of Horse Meat Intended for Human Consumption 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Designtion of Critical Habitat for Jaguar 2012
- Toggle 2 APHIS Animal Welfare; Retail Pet Stores and Licensing Exemptions 2011
- Toggle 2 APHIS Horse Protection Act; Petition for Amendments to Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 ETA Wage Methodology for the Temporary Non-Agricultural Employment H- 2B Program; Amendment of Effective Date 2011
- Toggle 1 DOS Schedule of Fees for Consular Services, Department of State and Overseas Embassies and Consulates 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Framework for Pharmacy Compounding: State and Federal Roles 2012