American Heart Assn
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a non-profit organization in the United States that fosters appropriate cardiac care in an effort to reduce disability and deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and stroke. It is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. The American Heart Association is a national voluntary health agency whose mission is: "Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke."
Campaign Finance$597,671 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Heart Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Heart Assn $1,200,391
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1683 State Flexibility Act S.868 State Flexibility Act H.R.1213 To repeal mandatory funding provided to States in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to establish American Health Benefit Exchanges. H.R.2 Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act H.R.4 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.1057 FIT Kids Act H.R.1206 Access to Professional Health Insurance Advisors Act of 2011 H.R.1217 To repeal the Prevention and Public Health Fund. H.R.1546 Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act of 2011 S.438 Heart Disease Education, Analysis, Research, and Treatment for Women Act
RegulationsMentioned in 154 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Heart Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Heart Assn
- Toggle 2 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff; Evaluation of Sex Differences in Medical Device Clinical Studies; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Scientific Evaluation of Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Public Workshop; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Reducing Sodium in the Food Supply; Establishing Sodium Reduction Targets; Establishment of Dockets; Request for Comments, Data and Information 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Proposed Data Collection Standards for Race, Ethnicity, Primary Language, Sex, and Disability Status Required by Section 4302 of the Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Proposed priorities, requirements, definitions, and selection criteria--Investing in Innovation Fund 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Heart Assn
- Toggle 51 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 15 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
- Toggle 15 CMS Medicare Program; Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Fiscal Year 2013 Rates; Hospitals’ Resident Caps for Graduate Medical Education Payment Purposes; Quality Reporting Requirements for Specific Providers and for Ambulatory Surgical Centers 2012
- Toggle 14 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 13 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 11 FDA Approaches to Reducing Sodium Consumption 2011
- Toggle 10 APHIS Stearidonic Acid Soybean Deregulation Petition 2011
- Toggle 10 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 9 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 8 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Heart Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee