The American Health Care Association (AHCA) is non-profit federation of affiliated state health organizations, together representing more than 10,000 non-profit and for-profit assisted living, nursing facility, developmentally-disabled, and subacute care providers that care for more than 1.5 million elderly and disabled individuals nationally. AHCA was founded in 1949 and is based in Washington, D.C. The National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) is part of AHCA.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Senatorial Cmte $131,750 National Republican Congressional Cmte $33,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Health Care Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Health Care Assn $3,640,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.512 Fairness in Nursing Home Arbitration Act S.647 Nursing Home Transparency and Improvement Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 S.CON.RES.13 S.1679 Affordable Health Choices Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary Nov. 20, 2013 Lincoln Policy Group Long-term care reform; Medicare and Medicaid funding; bad debt relief; SGR replacement View registration Oct. 18, 2013 BGR Holding Provide guidance and strategic counsel on federal legislative, regulatory and political matters effecting the skilled-nursing home industry. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 48 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Health Care Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Health Care Assn
- Toggle 1 DEA Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances 2010
- Toggle 1 DEA Dispensing of Controlled Substances to Residents at Long Term Care Facilities 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA OSHA Stakeholder Meeting 2010
- Toggle 1 DEA Disposal of Controlled Substances by Persons Not Registered With the Drug Enforcement Administration 2009
- Toggle 1 DEA Procedures for the Surrender of Unwanted Controlled Substances by Ultimate Users; Notice of Meeting 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Guidance Specifying the Technologies and Methodologies That Render Protected Health Information Unusable, Unreadable, or Indecipherable to Unauthorized Individuals for Purposes of the Breach Notification Requirements Under Section 13402 of the HITECH Act; Request for Information 2009
- Toggle 1 OSHA Modernization of OSHA's Injury and Illness Data Collection Process 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) Column 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Health Care Assn
- Toggle 10 CMS Medicaid Program; Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waivers 2009
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare Program; Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities for FY 2010; Minimum Data Set, Version 3.0 for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Medicaid Nursing Facilities 2009
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 6 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities--Update for FY 2006 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Establishment of Revisit User Fee Program for Medicare Survey and Certification Activities 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Fire Safety Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities: Automatic Sprinkler Systems 2010
- Toggle 3 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 3 DEA Dispensing of Controlled Substances to Residents at Long Term Care Facilities 2010