American Health Care Assn
The American Health Care Association (AHCA) is non-profit federation of affiliated state health organizations, together representing more than 10,000 non-profit and for-profit assisted living, nursing facility, developmentally-disabled, and subacute care providers that care for more than 1.5 million elderly and disabled individuals nationally. AHCA was founded in 1949 and is based in Washington, D.C. The National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) is part of AHCA.
Campaign Finance$34,182,301 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Senatorial Cmte $190,000 National Republican Congressional Cmte $33,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Health Care Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Health Care Assn $16,251,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Science & Technology,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.512 Fairness in Nursing Home Arbitration Act S.647 Nursing Home Transparency and Improvement Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 S.CON.RES.13 S.1679 Affordable Health Choices Act H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 129 dockets; Submitted to 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Health Care Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Health Care Assn
- Toggle 2 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 DEA Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances 2010
- Toggle 1 DEA Dispensing of Controlled Substances to Residents at Long Term Care Facilities 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA OSHA Stakeholder Meeting 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Guidance Specifying the Technologies and Methodologies That Render Protected Health Information Unusable, Unreadable, or Indecipherable to Unauthorized Individuals for Purposes of the Breach Notification Requirements Under Section 13402 of the HITECH Act; Request for Information 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Witholding Under Internal Revenue Code Section 3402(t) 2008
- Toggle 1 NTIA The Household Eligibility and Application Process of the Coupon Program for Individuals Residing in Nursing Homes and Households that Utilize Post Office Boxes: Waiver 2008
- Toggle 1 OSHA Clarification of Remedy for Violation of Requirements to Provide Personal Protective Equipment and Train Employees 2008
- Toggle 1 OSHA Regulatory Flexibility Act Review of the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Health Care Assn
- Toggle 13 OSHA TUBERCULOSIS 2006
- Toggle 10 CMS Medicaid Program; Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waivers 2009
- Toggle 10 EPA Preliminary 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2008
- Toggle 9 CMS Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities; Disclosures of Ownership and Additional Disclosable Parties Information 2011
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare Program; Prospective Payment System and Consolidated Billing for Skilled Nursing Facilities for FY 2010; Minimum Data Set, Version 3.0 for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Medicaid Nursing Facilities 2009
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 6 OSHA ERGONOMICS 2006
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicaid Program: Home and Community -Based State Plan Services 2008
- Toggle 6 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
Advisory Committees5 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Health Care Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 5 people on 3 committees