American Gas Assn
The American Gas Association (AGA), founded in 1918, is an American trade organization representing natural gas supply companies and others with an interest in manufacture of gas appliances and the production of gas. About 92% of the 70 million natural gas customers in the US receive their gas from AGA members.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Gas Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Gas Assn $1,595,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.559 Securing America's Future with Energy and Sustainable Technologies Act S.1000 Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.734 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2011 S.1001 Alternative Fuel Vehicles Competitiveness and Energy Security Act of 2011 S.398 Implementation of National Consensus Appliance Agreements Act of 2011 S.2877 Carbon Limits and Energy for America's Renewal (CLEAR) Act H.R.2454 Child Tax Credit Equality for Puerto Rico Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 116 dockets; Submitted to 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Gas Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Gas Assn
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Transmission Pipelines 2011
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Pipeline Safety Excess Flow Valves in Applications Other than Single Family Residences in Gas Distribution Systems 2011
- Toggle 2 Pipeline Safety: Periodic Updates of Regulatory References to Technical Standards and Miscellaneous Amendments 2011
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Notice of Information Collection Activities 2012
- Toggle 2 EERE DOE Participation in Energy Code Development 2012
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program: Test Procedures for Residential Water Heaters, Direct Heating Equipment and Pool Heaters 2011
- Toggle 2 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2008-BT-STD-0006 & EERE-2009-BT-STD-0022) 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Building Energy Codes Residential Cost Effectiveness Analysis Methodology 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Direct Heating Equipment 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Gas Assn
- Toggle 21 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2008-BT-STD-0006 & EERE-2009-BT-STD-0022) 2011
- Toggle 18 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 16 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Transmission Pipelines 2011
- Toggle 12 EPA Technical Revisions for Subparts I and W of the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 11 2013 Technical Corrections, Clarifying, and Other Amendments to Certain Provisions of the Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2012
- Toggle 10 PHMSA Notice of Information Collection Activities 2012
- Toggle 8 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 6 PHMSA Pipeline Safety Excess Flow Valves in Applications Other than Single Family Residences in Gas Distribution Systems 2011
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Enforcement of Regional Standards for Residential Furnaces and Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Minor Technical Corrections and Amendments to the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rules 2011