American Gas Assn
The American Gas Association (AGA), founded in 1918, is an American trade organization representing natural gas supply companies and others with an interest in manufacture of gas appliances and the production of gas. About 92% of the 70 million natural gas customers in the US receive their gas from AGA members.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Gas Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Gas Assn $1,259,508
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 H.R.1506 Fuel Economy Reform Act H.R.2312 S.502 S.875 SAFE Energy Act of 2007 H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.2784 National Environment and Energy Development Act H.R.5140 Recovery Rebates and Economic Stimulus for the American People Act of 2008 H.R.5351 Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2008 H.R.5437 American-Made Energy Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 85 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Gas Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Gas Assn
- Toggle 7 PHMSA Prevention Thru People - Control Room Management 2007
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Information Collection Activities; Notice and Request for Comments 2008
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Updates to Pipeline and Liquefied Natural Gas Reporting Requirements 2008
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Periodic Updates of Regulatory References to Technical Standards and Miscellaneous Edits 2008
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Refrigerators, Refrigerator Freezers and Freezers 2008
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Reducing the Risk of Hazardous Materials Incidents During Load and Unload Operations - Notice of Public Workshop 2007
- Toggle 1 OSHA Emergency Response and Preparedness; Request for Information 2007
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Test Procedures for Residential Furnaces and Boilers (Standby Mode and Off Mode) 2008
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Minimum Training Requirements for Entry-Level Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators 2007
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment; Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Residential Clothes Dryers and Room Air Conditioners 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Gas Assn
- Toggle 54 PHMSA Prevention Thru People - Control Room Management 2007
- Toggle 48 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 19 EPA Technical Review of NSPS Subpart J 2007
- Toggle 17 EPA Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program: Federal Requirements for Class VI Injection Wells for the Geologic Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide - Proposed Rule 2008
- Toggle 16 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment; Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Residential Clothes Dryers and Room Air Conditioners 2007
- Toggle 14 EPA Formaldehyde Emissions from Pressed Wood Products 2008
- Toggle 13 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 12 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Periodic Updates of Regulatory References to Technical Standards and Miscellaneous Edits 2008
- Toggle 12 PHMSA Information Collection Activities; Notice and Request for Comments 2008
- Toggle 9 PHMSA Updates to Pipeline and Liquefied Natural Gas Reporting Requirements 2008