American Gas Assn
The American Gas Association (AGA), founded in 1918, is an American trade organization representing natural gas supply companies and others with an interest in manufacture of gas appliances and the production of gas. About 92% of the 70 million natural gas customers in the US receive their gas from AGA members.
Campaign Finance$4,268,220 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Gas Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Gas Assn $8,542,896 Fleishman-Hillard Inc $232,840
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.1835 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2009 S.598 Appliance Standards Improvement Act of 2009 S.1215 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals (FRAC) Act S.1408 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions S.661 Restoring America's Manufacturing Leadership through Energy Efficiency Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 S.CON.RES.13
RegulationsMentioned in 649 dockets; Submitted to 97 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Gas Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Gas Assn
- Toggle 12 Pipeline Safety: Public Workshop on Integrity Verification Process 2013
- Toggle 11 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Pipeline Integrity Management of Natural Gas In High Consequence Areas 2000
- Toggle 8 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products; Energy Conservation Standards for Water Heaters [66FR19714] (EERE-1997-STD-0088) 2006
- Toggle 7 PHMSA Prevention Thru People - Control Room Management 2007
- Toggle 7 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Boilers [69FR45420] (EERE-2001-STD-0102) 2006
- Toggle 6 EERE Energy Efficiency Standards for Pool Heaters, Direct Heating Equipment and Water Heaters [72FR4219] (EE-2006-STD-0129) 2006
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Electric and Gas Ranges and Ovens and Microwave Ovens, Dishwashers, Dehumidifiers, and Commercial Clothes Washers [71FR15059] (EERE-2006-STD-0127) 2006
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Integrity Management Program for Gas Distribution Pipelines 2004
- Toggle 5 PHMSA A Benefit/Cost Analaysis of the National Transportation Safety Board's Safety Recommendation P-01-2 2003
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Test Procedures for Furnaces/Boilers, Vented Home Heating Equipment, and Pool Heaters (EE-RM-93-501) 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Gas Assn
- Toggle 82 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Pipeline Integrity Management of Natural Gas In High Consequence Areas 2000
- Toggle 58 PHMSA Integrity Management Program for Gas Distribution Pipelines 2004
- Toggle 54 PHMSA Prevention Thru People - Control Room Management 2007
- Toggle 48 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 44 PHMSA Meeting of Pipeline Safety Advisory Committees 1998
- Toggle 44 Pipeline Safety: Public Workshop on Integrity Verification Process 2013
- Toggle 44 EPA Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs); Reassessment of Use Authorizations 2009
- Toggle 41 EPA Industrial Combustion Coordinated Rulemaking FACA 2004
- Toggle 35 PHMSA U S DOT/RSPA - Pipeline Safety - Pipeline Corrosion Control Issues-Regulatory Reform 1997
- Toggle 30 PHMSA Qualification of Pipeline Personnel - Pipeline Safety 1998
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Gas Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee