American Forest & Paper Assn
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA;) is the national trade association of the forest products industry, representing manufacturers of approximately 80 percent of the U.S. paper production capacity and 50 percent of the wood building material capacity.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Forest & Paper Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Forest & Paper Assn $5,423,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Chemical Industry,
- Natural Resources,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.622 S.870 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.2967 S.661 Restoring America's Manufacturing Leadership through Energy Efficiency Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.1799 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2009 S.146 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 41 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Forest & Paper Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Forest & Paper Assn
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 1 APHIS Wood Packaging Material Used in Domestic Commerce 2009
- Toggle 1 DOE Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Design Standards for New Federal Buildings (See also EERE-2006-BC-0108) [Legacy ID EE-RM/STD-02-112] 2010
- Toggle 1 CCC Biomass Crop Assistance Program 2010
- Toggle 1 IRS Definition of Solid Waste Disposal Facilities for Tax-Exempt Bond Purposes 2009
- Toggle 1 OSHA Combustible Dust 2009
- Toggle 1 APHIS Notice of Request for Extention of Approval of an Information Collection; Lacey Act Declaration Requirement; Plants and Plant Products 2010
- Toggle 1 OMB 2010 Cost-Benefit Report 2010
- Toggle 1 OPPM BioPreferred Round 6 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Interagency Cooperation Under the Endangered Species Act 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Forest & Paper Assn
- Toggle 4 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Revisions to the Definition of Solid Waste 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA PSD and Title V Permitting Guidance for Greenhouse Gases 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Requirements for Control Technology Determinations for Major Sources in Accordance With Clean Air Act Sections, Sections 112(g) and 112(j); Amendments 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Pesticides; Draft Guidance for Pesticide Registrants on Pesticide Drift Labeling 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Interpretation of Regulations that Determine Pollutants Covered by Clean Air Act Permitting Programs 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA EPA's Role in Advancing Sustainable Products 2010
Advisory Committees3 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Forest & Paper Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 2 committees