American Financial Services Assn
The American Financial Services Association (AFSA) is the primary trade association for the American consumer credit industry, protecting access to credit and consumer choice. The association is headquartered in Washington, D.C..
Campaign Finance$3,992,426 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Financial Services Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Financial Services Assn $9,757,100
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3871 Proprietary Information Protection Act of 2012 H.R.4014 To amend the Federal Deposit Insurance Act with respect to information provided to the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection. S.2099 A bill to amend the Federal Deposit Insurance Act with respect to information provided to the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection. H.R.3043 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.4335 S.2009 Insular Areas Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 89 dockets; Submitted to 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Financial Services Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Financial Services Assn
- Toggle 2 Credit Risk Retention 2013
- Toggle 2 FSOC Hearing Procedures 2012
- Toggle 1 OTS Procedures to Enhance the Accuracy and Integrity of Information Furnished to Consumer Reporting Agencies under Section 312 of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act 2007
- Toggle 1 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Petition for Approval of Alternate Odometer Disclosure Requirements 2008
- Toggle 1 TREAS Development of a Guarantee Program for Troubled Assets 2008
- Toggle 1 CFPB Defining Larger Participants in Certain Consumer Financial Products and Services Markets 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Truth in Lending (Regulation Z) Credit Card ATP Proposal 2012
- Toggle 1 Agency Information Collection Activities; Comment Request 2013
- Toggle 1 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Financial Services Assn
- Toggle 8 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 5 HUD Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 5 CFPB Streamling Inherited Regulations 2011
- Toggle 4 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2012
- Toggle 3 HUD FR–5271–P–01 SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act: HUD Responsibilities Under the SAFE Act 2009
- Toggle 3 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 3 CFPB Disclosure of Consumer Complaint Data 2012
- Toggle 3 Credit Risk Retention 2013
- Toggle 3 DOD Limitations on Terms of Consumer Credit Extended to Service Members and Dependents 2006
- Toggle 3 OTS Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices 2008