American Farmland Trust
The American Farmland Trust (AFT) is an organization founded to preserve farmland and ranchland in the United States and to promote sustainable agricultural practices.
Campaign Finance$2,200 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Farmland Trust
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Farmland Trust $230,416
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6083 Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2012 S.3240 Farm bill
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Farmland Trust" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Farmland Trust
- Toggle 2 FWS Removal of the Valley Elderberry Longhorn Beetle from the Federal List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife 2011
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 1 DOE Applications for Long-Term Authorizations to Export Liquefied Natural Gas, etc.: Jordan Cove Energy Project, L.P. 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Spot-tailed Earless Lizard 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Petition to List Either the Eastern Population or Southern Rocky Mountain Population of the Boreal Toad as an Endangered or Threatened Distinct Population Segment 2012
- Toggle 1 FSA Farm Loan Programs Loan Making Activities 2011
- Toggle 1 ArborGen Inc.; Availability of Petition, Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Freeze Tolerant Eucalyptus Lines, and Notice of Virtual Public Meetings 2012
- Toggle 1 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Aquatic Life Ambient Water Quality Criteria for Carbaryl – 2011 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Bayer CropScience; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered to Tolerate the Herbicides Glyphosate and Isoxaflutole 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Farmland Trust" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee