American Electronics Assn
The AeA (formerly the American Electronics Association) was a nationwide non-profit trade association that represented all segments of the technology industry. It lobbied governments at the state, federal, and international levels; provided access to capital and business opportunities; and offered select business services and networking programs.
Campaign Finance$25,095 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Electronics Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Electronics Assn $23,084,902
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Science & Technology,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.275 Global Online Freedom Act of 2007 S.1726 Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2007 H.R.5267 Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2008 H.R.1818 Broadband Deployment Acceleration Act of 2007 H.R.1930 SKIL Act of 2007 H.R.2138 Investment in America Act of 2007 H.R.2272 PACE-Energy Act H.R.2538 Defend the American Dream Act of 2007 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.2641 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 61 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Electronics Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Electronics Assn
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Electronics Assn
- Toggle 4 DOT IATA - Approval of Agreement(s) 2003
- Toggle 4 OSHA GLYCOL ETHERS 2006
- Toggle 4 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation: Service Contracts Reporting Requirements; FAR Case 2010-010 2010
- Toggle 3 USCG Cabrillo Port Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2004
- Toggle 3 OSHA Supplier's Declaration of Conformity - 2008; Request for Information (RFI) 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Proposed Revisions to Clarify the Scope of Sufficiency Monitoring Requirements for Federal and State Operating Permits Programs 2003
- Toggle 2 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; FAR Case 2011-001; Organizational Conflicts of Interest 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System; Modification of the Hazardous Waste Program; Hazardous Waste Lamps; Final Rule 1999
- Toggle 2 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; Sustainable Acquisition; FAR Case 2010-001 2010
- Toggle 2 SEC Commission Guidance Regarding Managements Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting Under Section 13(a) or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 2007