American Diabetes Assn
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is a United States-based association working to fight the deadly consequences of diabetes and to help those affected by diabetes. The Association funds research to manage, cure and prevent diabetes (including type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, and pre-diabetes); delivers services to hundreds of communities; provides information for both patients and health care professionals; and gives voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes.
Campaign Finance$3,510 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Diabetes Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Diabetes Assn $1,710,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2194 GEDI Act S.1221 GEDI Act H.R.2954 Health Equity and Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.1057 FIT Kids Act S.576 FIT Kids Act H.R.3070 Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011 H.R.1995 Reducing Barriers to Learning Act of 2011 S.2474 Health Equity and Accountability Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 42 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Diabetes Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Diabetes Assn
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff: The Content of Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) and Premarket Approval (PMA) Applications for Low Glucose Suspend Device Systems 2011
- Toggle 1 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 1 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Diabetes Assn
- Toggle 17 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
- Toggle 11 FDA Qualified Health Claim for Whole Grains and Reduced Risk of Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 2012
- Toggle 7 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff: The Content of Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) and Premarket Approval (PMA) Applications for Low Glucose Suspend Device Systems 2011
- Toggle 7 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 6 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 4 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 4 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Request for Information: Health Care Quality CMS-9962-NC 2012