American Dental Assn
The American Dental Association (ADA) is an American professional association established in 1859 and has more than 155,000 members. Based in Chicago, the ADA is the world's largest and oldest national dental association and promotes good oral health to the public while representing the dental profession.
Campaign Finance$62,166,008 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Senatorial Cmte Michael A. Graham $182,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Dental Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Dental Assn $14,960,398
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Science & Technology,
- Small Business,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.903 Dental Emergency Responder Act of 2009 S.1790 Indian Health Care Improvement Reauthorization and Extension Act of 2009 H.R.2345 H.R.1671 Meth Mouth Prevention and Community Recovery Act H.R.2220 Essential Oral Health Care Act of 2009 S.450 Meth Mouth Prevention and Community Recovery Act H.R.3763 H.R.3960 Native American Full Access to Dental Care Act H.R.4731 Medicaid Options for Dental Fillings Act of 2010 H.RES.648
RegulationsMentioned in 248 dockets; Submitted to 34 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Dental Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Dental Assn
- Toggle 4 FDA Dental Devices: Classification of Dental Amalgam and Reclassification of Dental Mercury; Issuance of Special Controls for Amalgam Alloy 2008
- Toggle 3 FDA Dental Products Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2010
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Infectious Substances 1993
- Toggle 3 FDA Dental Amalgam; Request for Information 2003
- Toggle 2 FDA FDA Regulated Products that Contain Bisphenol-A; Request for Information 2008
- Toggle 2 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 2 HHS Establishment of Certification Programs for Health Information Technology 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Interim Final Rules for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services; etc. 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA Infectious Diseases 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Dental Assn
- Toggle 40 FDA Dental Devices: Classification of Dental Amalgam and Reclassification of Dental Mercury; Issuance of Special Controls for Amalgam Alloy 2008
- Toggle 35 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 20 FDA Dental Products Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2010
- Toggle 11 EPA Preliminary 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2008
- Toggle 10 FDA Dental Amalgam; Request for Information 2003
- Toggle 10 FDA Formally Ban Unnaturally Synthesized Fluoride Compounds Sold for Consumption Through Oral Ingestion 2007
- Toggle 9 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 9 EPA Sulfuryl Fluoride; Pesticide Tolerance 2005
- Toggle 8 FDA Comments Relating to the September 6 & 7, 2006 Joint Panel Meeting on Dental Amalgam 2006
- Toggle 8 OSHA ERGONOMICS 2006
Advisory Committees6 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Dental Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 6 people on 5 committees