American Dental Assn
The American Dental Association (ADA) is an American professional association established in 1859 and has more than 155,000 members. Based in Chicago, the ADA is the world's largest and oldest national dental association and promotes good oral health to the public while representing the dental profession.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Paul GosarSupport $151,151 John Scott KeadleSupport $64,880 Mike SimpsonSupport $55,034 Fredrick CostelloSupport $51,723
Top Contributorstop donors giving over $100,000
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Dental Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Dental Assn $5,090,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Science & Technology,
- Government Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2 Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011 H.R.570 Dental Emergency Responder Act of 2011 H.R.215 To repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and title I of the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 while preserving the reauthorization of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act. S.296 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act H.R.38 To rescind funds appropriated to the Health Insurance Reform Implementation Fund under the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. H.R.605 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act H.R.2245 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act of 2011 S.312 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act H.R.969 Medical Practice Freedom Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 46 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Dental Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Dental Assn
- Toggle 2 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 2 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 ATBCB Medical Diagnostic Equipment Accessibility Standards 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 DEA Controlled Substances and List I Chemical Registration and Reregistration Fees 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Molecular and Clinical Genetics Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Taxable Medical Devices 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Dental Assn
- Toggle 9 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 7 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011
- Toggle 7 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 4 CMS Request for Information: Health Care Quality CMS-9962-NC 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment Systems and Quality Reporting Programs; Electronic Reporting Pilot; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program; Quality Improvement Organization Regulations 2012
- Toggle 3 Smokeless Tobacco Product Warning Statements; Request for Comments and Scientific Evidence 2012
- Toggle 3 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 3 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meeting Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Cryolite Registration Review 2011