American Dental Assn
The American Dental Association (ADA) is an American professional association established in 1859 and has more than 155,000 members. Based in Chicago, the ADA is the world's largest and oldest national dental association and promotes good oral health to the public while representing the dental profession.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Paul GosarSupport $189,792 B. Lee HawkinsSupport $97,296 Michael SimpsonSupport $8,000
Top Contributorstop donors giving over $100,000
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Senatorial Cmte Michael A. Graham $182,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of American Dental Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount American Dental Assn $5,120,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Small Business,
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Science & Technology,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.903 Dental Emergency Responder Act of 2009 S.1790 Indian Health Care Improvement Reauthorization and Extension Act of 2009 H.R.2345 H.R.1671 Meth Mouth Prevention and Community Recovery Act H.R.2220 Essential Oral Health Care Act of 2009 S.450 Meth Mouth Prevention and Community Recovery Act H.R.3763 H.R.4731 Medicaid Options for Dental Fillings Act of 2010 H.RES.648 H.R.1948 Dental Health Promotion Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 70 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Dental Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for American Dental Assn
- Toggle 3 FDA Dental Products Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Establishment of Certification Programs for Health Information Technology 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Interim Final Rules for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services; etc. 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA Infectious Diseases 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Devices: Neurological Devices; Electroconvulsive Therapy Device; Establishing a Public Docket 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Accessibility of Web Information and Services of State and Local Government Entities and Public Accommodations 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for American Dental Assn
- Toggle 20 FDA Dental Products Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2010
- Toggle 8 CMS Standards for Electronic Health Care Claim Attachments 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital IPPS for Acute Care Hospitals and the LTCH PPS and Fiscal Year 2011 Rates; Effective Date of Provider Agreements and Supplier Approvals; and Hospital Conditions of Participation for Rehabilitation and Respiratory Care Services Medicaid Program: Accreditation Requirements for Providers of Inpatient Psychiatric Services for Individuals under Age 21 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Review and Establish an Appropriate Regulatory Classification for Tooth Whitening Preparations That act by Chemical Means to Lighten Tooth Color 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA NSPS/Emission Guidelines (EG) for Sewage Sludge Incinerators 2009
- Toggle 3 OSHA Occupational Exposure to Crystalline Silica 2010
- Toggle 3 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Prepare Informed Consent Brochures That Dentists Must Give to Their Patients who Receive Dental Restorations 2010